At Niner United you can expect great weekly events like worship, lunch, and small groups. We also offer incredible trips and retreats. You’ll find us to be inclusive and welcoming because we focus on creating a relaxed, comfortable setting. It’s important to us that you can walk in and instantly feel like you’re at home. We hope to see you soon.
Stay informed about Niner United’s latest events and stay connected by filling out our interest form.
Niner United has a small group for everyone, no matter what your needs or interests are. We invite you to get plugged into a small group this year. Please fill out this form if you are interested!
Mondays at 5:30pm in Union 266.
Core is a small group dedicated to creating space to explore life, faith & meaning. It’s a Bible study, but more. You don’t have to know anything about the Bible, or even bring one (but you can if you want). In the span of one hour we dive into topics “core” to our faith and have fun with good fellowship.
Tuesdays at 1pm in Union 266
Our girl’s group is all about supporting each other to strengthen our faith. Our goal is to create a tight-knit community that grows together by having fun with games, enjoying fellowship, and studying the Bible.
Tuesdays at 6:30pm at the Niner United Campus Ministry Center
Our guy’s group is all about helping each other become better followers and leaders, just like Jesus. We want to build strong lasting friendships, sharpen our skills for relationships, and learn more about God’s plan for our lives.
Thursdays at 6:30pm at the Niner United Campus Ministry Center
We love to travel at Niner United. Beyond seeing new places and meeting new people, our trips are an avenue for life-transforming experiences. Our trips are great ways to build new friendships, learn new cultures, explore our purpose, and grow in our faith.
Early Bird Price: $1,225
Our Work: Niner United will partner in ministry with our friends in Tepetlixpa, Mexico, engaging in their children’s and camping ministry programs and possibly participating in their medical ministry. Our students will be involved in activities akin to vacation Bible school and may undertake labor projects at local churches or assist in hosting day camps and other community outreach events. We will also participate in local church services on Sunday and likely some evenings, contributing to children’s and youth ministries.
Location: We will fly into Mexico City, briefly experiencing one of the world’s largest cities, before traveling to the tranquil and safe rural setting of Tepetlixpa, Mexico, about an hour south of Mexico City. The area is known for its serene beauty and the spectacular sight of a nearby smoking volcano.
- Saturday. Travel day. Arrive and get settled in that evening.
- Sunday. Attend church service and group building
- Monday – Thursday. “Work” as described above
- Friday. Las Grutas Hot Springs Tolantongo
- Saturday. Travel day. Depart Merida and arrive back in Charlotte.
What’s Included in the Cost
- Airfare: Direct flight from Charlotte to Mexico City with American Airlines.
- In-country transportation: From arrival to departure, we cover all transportation. We also offer assistance in reaching Charlotte airport if needed.
- Housing: Safe and comfortable accommodation.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily (excluding airport meals)
- T-Shirt: Each participant receives a mission trip t-shirt.
- Ministry Supplies: All necessary supplies are provided.
What’s Not Included in the Cost
- Traveler’s Insurance: Mandatory international policy coverage, costing between $75-$100, will be added to the fee and collected before the trip.
- Supplemental Traveler’s Insurance: Optional additional insurance for cancellation, if desired.
- Meals During Travel Days: Meals at the airport are not included.
- Souvenirs and Snacks: Personal purchases are the participant’s responsibility.
Why Niner United: Niner United has been organizing mission trips since its inception. Our over 60 years of experience ensures reliability, extensive connections, and exceptional organizational capability. We collaborate with genuine ministry partners serving their local communities, focusing on learning and understanding God’s call to love and serve our neighbors rather than just ‘fixing’ things.
Who Can Go: Applications are open to all UNC Charlotte undergraduates over 18.
- Active in Niner United: Priority is given to students actively involved in Niner United. We seek students demonstrating spiritual openness, social and cultural sensitivity, teamwork, adaptability, emotional resilience, and strong communication skills. Involvement in Niner United helps us better assess these qualities. Those less known to us may first be recommended for local trips like retreats before international travel.
- Medically Cleared: Due to limited medical resources, students with specific medical needs may not be suitable candidates.
- Physical Endurance: Capability to achieve 20,000 steps in a day and walk continuously uphill for at least one mile is required, given the physical demands of our mission work.
- Passport: A valid passport is necessary for international travel. Obtaining this is the student’s responsibility.