We are committed to promoting social justice, reconciliation, community empowerment, and serving others. We invite you to be the message of Christ’s love by selflessly serving locally, regionally and internationally.
Info on our spring break 2021 mission trip coming soon!
Volunteer Locally with Niner United
- Doves Nest Women and Families Ministry.
- The third Monday of every month. The program is specifically designed for women battling alcohol and/or drug addiction. The 120 day intensive program is free to residents with a staff who specializes in recovery stemming from issues with mental, emotional, physical, and sexual abuse. Dove’s Nest provides a structured, safe, and loving environment for women and their children.
- Men’s Shetler of Charlotte.
- The first Friday of each month. The organization offers two emergency shelters, housing 410 beds. Their mission is targeted at providing the basic needs of shelter, meals, showers, utilities, and hygiene care to men in Charlotte. One of the two shelters has a wellness center that offers healthcare services for mental and physical needs, along with guidance for substance abuse.
- Rebuilding Together of Greater Charlotte.
- We will be assisting in their final project of the year on October 24. Through their “Beautification Projects”, they provide community cleanup and landscaping for neighborhoods in need throughout Charlotte and the surrounding area. For the remainder of the year, we will help in their warehouse with organization and cleaning. Landscaping and repair projects will resume in January.
Other Local Service Opportunities
- Charlotte Rescue Mission of Charlotte. Volunteer every (or any) fourth Thursday. Please arrive at 3:30pm.
- Urban Ministry Center Room in the Inn. During the winter months volunteer at Advent Lutheran Church on Monday nights to provide a safe and welcoming space for our homeless neighbors in addition to providing dinner, breakfast, and a bag lunch.
- The Grove. Volunteer every (or any) second Thursday of each month at their free community meal from 5:30 – 7:00. And before our Niner United Wednesday worship volunteer at their tutoring program that meets every wednesday from 4:00 – 6:00om.
- Ascension Soup Kitchen. Volunteer every (or any) Tuesday. If you want to cook the meal volunteer between 7:00am and 10:00am, if you want to serve the meal volunteer between 10:00am and 12:45pm or you can arrive by 12:30pm to be on the cleanup crew.
- St. Mark’s Soup Kitchen. Volunteer every (or any) Thursday. Preparations and cooking begin as early as 8 AM, serving takes place between 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM, and clean-up happens until 1-2 PM.
- Cleansing Shower Ministry seeks to restore the dignity of our displaced brothers and sisters by offering them a safe and loving place to receive a shower. The ministry operates every Friday from 9-12pm at First United Presbyterian Church.
- Loaves & Fishes. Volunteer every (or any) fifth Friday of the month, 1:00pm to 4:00pm at First United Presbyterian Church.
- Galilee Center. Help serve coffee to neighbors between 7:00 and 9:00am on every (or any) Friday mornings.
These local partners are also always looking for indivdual volunteers.
Niner Food Pantry
Volunteer with the Niner Food Pantry. Mondays: 2:00 – 5:00pm. At each Niner United Wednesday worship you will have the option to sign-up for specific dates. The pantry is located at 1224 John Kirk Drive. This location is adjacent to the University Terrace Apartments and is accessible for students commuting by car or foot.